Like most pregnant women, you're probably looking for ways to make your bump journey a little more comfortable. That's where pregnancy pillows come in. Pregnancy pillows can help support your body and alleviate some of the common discomforts that go hand in hand with pregnancy. But with so many different types of pregnancy pillows on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? In this article, we'll take a look at the different types of pregnancy pillows and explain what each one is best used for. So, if you're pregnant and looking for some relief, keep reading to find out more!
The importance of pregnancy pillows
Pregnant women need to get enough sleep to improve their overall health and wellbeing. Those who aren’t getting enough of it risk developing complications such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and even premature labour. Getting enough sleep can also help reduce stress levels, which can benefit both mum and bub.
A good pillow can significantly affect a pregnant woman's sleep quality. There are many different types of pillows available, so it's important to choose one that will be comfortable and supportive. Some pillows are specifically designed for pregnant women and can help reduce back pain and other discomforts.
Choosing the best pregnancy pillow for your needs
At Mattress & Pillow Science, we stock the best pregnancy pillows in Australia from the leading brands around the world, including:
- Flexi pillow — Flexi pillows are great for pregnant women because they provide support for the head and neck, which can help to reduce tension and pain. Additionally, Flexi pillows can be used to prop up the body in several different positions, which can help improve circulation and overall bodily comfort.
- Somna Medica — Somna Medica pillows are great for pregnant women because they help keep the spine aligned, which can help reduce pain. This pillow also helps to support the stomach and can be used to prop up the feet. Another great feature of the Somna Medica pillow is that it is machine washable, which is ideal for pregnant women with limited mobility. The pillow can also be used after the baby is born to help support the back and belly during feeding.
- Bambi — Bambi pillows can also be helpful for people who suffer from neck pain. This pillow can help keep the neck aligned, reducing muscle pain and joint inflammation. A Bambi body pillow is perfect for pregnant women who need deep and consistent rest.
- Dentons — Dentons pillows are great at providing much-needed support for pregnant women during the more demanding periods. Additionally, they can help alleviate some of the common discomforts of pregnancy, such as heartburn and nausea. Pick up a specially designed pregnancy pillow from this range for some much-needed comfort today.
- Downia — Downia pillows are a popular choice for pregnant women because they offer great support across many different sleeping positions. They are also lightweight and can be easily transported. Downia pillows are available in different sizes, so choosing the right size for your body type is important. If you are pregnant, you may want to consider a larger pillow.
- Kelly Windsor — The Kelly Windsor pillow is designed with a unique cut-out section that cradles your head and provides additional and unmatched support for your neck. The contoured shape helps to keep your spine in alignment, preventing stiffness and other uncomfortable side effects after a night’s rest. The high-quality memory foam filling will also adjust to your body temperature for a more comfortable night's sleep — gone are the days of waking up in a pool of sweat.
- Easyrest — Easyrest pillows are great for added support because they conform to the contours of your head and neck, providing a custom fit that helps to keep your spine in alignment. Additionally, the plush-down-like filling provides a soft, comfortable surface that cradles your head and neck, helping to reduce tension and discomfort.
- Tempur — The Tempur pillow is a great choice for those looking for added support and comfort while sleeping. The pillow is made from proprietary TEMPUR materials, which conform to the contours of your head and neck, consistently providing a more restful night's sleep. In addition, the Tempur pillow is also great for people who suffer from neck pain, as it provides added support and helps to reduce pressure on the neck and shoulders.
Whatever pregnancy pillow you choose, it’s important to do your research and decide on a product based on your unique needs. Whether you’re a back sleeper, side sleeper or need a specific size, being 100% sure about your choice is essential. This is when sleep is the most important thing for your health and your baby's health, so don’t hesitate to ask around and do as much research as possible before making your purchase.
Mattress & Pillow Science — providing the best pregnancy pillows in Australia
Finding the perfect pillow when pregnant can be tough, but hopefully, our informative guide has given you some direction. If you have any questions or want more information about a certain type of pregnancy pillow, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us — we would be happy to help! In the meantime, good luck on your search for the perfect pregnancy pillow and congratulations on your new arrival.